Cycle the backstreets of VietnamVietnam
Travel like a local and cycle the backstreets of Vietnam. Ride from bustling cities to golden beaches, through fishing villages to plantations bursting with mangoes. With your guide you’ll discover temples, pagodas and markets, sample local cuisine and feast on fresh seafood. Crawl through the historic Cu Chi Tunnels, used by Vietcong guerillas as living quarters and escape routes during the Vietnam War. Dive into the blue waters of the South China Sea after a hot and sticky ride, then snorkel reefs and kayak among the 3,000 limestone peaks rising from Ha Long Bay.
- You’ll explore areas inaccessible to cars, visit towns rarely visited by tourists (so rare, you may even be pulled aside for a photo) and meet welcoming locals
- Exploring the living museum that is Hoi An, with its mesh of architecture brought by traders from across the globe
- The freedom of travelling like a local, while still having a support vehicle to carry your things, so you can buy that extra gift to take home
- You’ll get scorching heat and some surprisingly cold days
- You do spend quite a lot of time on the bus, when cycling between regions is just that bit too far
- Free time is scarce – there’s so much to see and do, so expect to be busy, busy, busy
This 14-day trip with Exodus Travels costs US$1870.