Brooklyn Arts HotelMelbourne, Australia
This laid-back artist's haven is right at home in Melbourne’s bohemian enclave of Fitzroy. Set in an old Victorian mansion, it’s an eclectic combination of op-shop and gran’s house, with each of the seven rooms given a warm touch by owner Maggie Fooke, herself an artist and a long-time Fitzroyal.
Connect with fellow creatives in one of the many cosy sitting nooks throughout the house and garden. Admire the charming pieces of original and found art decorating the walls, or – if you like – you’re welcome to add to the collection.
- Indulging your creative fancy in this home away from home
- The relaxed ambience just metres away from thriving Gertrude Street, with its great bars, cafes, restaurants and shopping
- If you’re not a dog person you may not be keen on the owner’s (friendly) dogs living on site
- It’s an old house, so it’s not 100% soundproof.
Starbus offers a direct service from Melbourne Airport to Brooklyn Arts Hotel for around $US15 per person, one way.
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Continental breakfast
- Bathrobes (on request)
- Hairdryer (on request)
- Iron and ironing board (on request)
- Television (on request)
Single rooms start at a very reasonable US$90 per night, with prices up to around US$200 for a queen ensuite room.