From Scotland to Scandinavia Edinburgh to Bergen
Discover some of the great capital cities of the United Kingdom and Scandinavia on a trip that showcases both the urban and natural highlights of these amazing parts of the world. It also includes a southbound Hurtigruten cruise - known as the world's most beautiful coastal voyage.
You'll start in the historic city of Edinburgh with a day to explore at your leisure, before heading to Copenhagen where your 24-hour Copenhagen Card will give you full access to all the main attractions. Next, catch the train to Stockholm where you can check out Gamla Stan (the Old Town) and use your 24-hour Stockholm Pass. Then catch the ferry to Finland's capital, Helsinki, where you can stroll through the Esplanade Park, spend big along the shopping strip, before heading towards Parliament, the Museum of Contemporary Art and finally to Temppeliaukio Church, also known as the 'rock church'. If time allows, continue to Finlandia Hall for some opera, located along the Toolonlahti seaside.
- Starting your journey in historical Edinburgh
- Experiencing the Scandinavian capitals of Copenhagen and Stockholm
- Learning about Sami culture and tradition in Finland
- The Hurtigruten coastal cruise, the world’s most beautiful sea voyage
- Enjoying the optional excursions, designed to enhance your cruise and land experiences
- Get seasick? It’s unlikely you’ll experience anything severe on the cruise part of the tour, but it probably won’t hurt to throw in a few seasickness tablets before you depart (just in case!)
US$4,764 per person.
Tour inclusions cover 19 nights accommodation (including five nights on the Hurtigruten voyage), some meals, a sightseeing transfer from Inari to Kirkenes and economy class flights from Edinburgh to Copenhagen, and Helsinki to Rovaniemi.
This tip was provided by Bentours, but we’re sharing it with you because we think it’s great.