Downtown designer digs in Cape Town Cape Town, South Africa
Situated in the heart of the city's downtown, this 32-room hotel lives up to its name. Urbane Citizen Architecture has transformed two connected 1940s buildings to create a retreat that brings warmth and energy to an industrial backdrop.
You'll never forget where you are either, with plenty of design elements bringing the contemporary local aesthetic. There's a map of Cape Town created using hand-painted ceramic tiles behind the reception desk, a statement swing chair in the shape of a crocodile head, and photographs of African ceremonies by Carol Beckwith and Angela Fisher in the rooms. Head to the sixth floor for the sky-high pool and a restaurant and cocktail bar called Gigi Rooftop.
- A designer’s dream – classical aesthetic of 18th-century grandeur combined with the raw industrial edge of central Cape Town
- The access to Ignite gym
- Gigi’s rooftop for views, food and evening cocktails
- Close proximity to Cape Town sights and tourists attractions
- Parking is difficult if you have a car
- Air con
- Mini Bar
- Complimentary toiletries
- Free wi-fi
- Complimentary use of Ignite gym
Doubles from about US$240 a night including breakfast.