Prepare to have all your pre-conceived notions about Iran completely shattered on an adventure that will take you from the mountains of Alborz to Masal County and onto Shiraz, the heartland of Persian civilisation. You’ll stop at local villages, such as Masal and Masuleh, camp out in a wooded forest by Shah Moalem Mountain and drive along Iran’s most beautiful road, the Khalkhal-Asalem.
For each of this country’s natural splendours, there are just as many manmade feats of wonder to discover – marvel at UNESCO World Heritage-listed Sheikh Safi mausoleum and shrine, Esfahan’s Naqsh-e Jahan Square, and the tombs of poets Hafiz and Saadi, both located in Shiraz. It’s the type of trip that will take you by surprise and have you talking about it for years to come.
- Discovering the heart of Persian culture on less travelled destinations Alborz, Masal County, Masal and Masuleh and the heartland of Persian civilisation Shiraz
- Nasir al-Mulk Mosque (Pink Mosque) in Shiraz, is one of the most spectacular in Iran
- The-car free village of Masuleh that has existed for around a thousand years and where the roofs of houses act as a path to higher ground
- Breakfast with villages in Masal
- The UNESCO World Heritage listed Sheikh Safi mausoleum and shrine complex
- Even if history, artefacts, and antiquities aren’t your thing, there’s always delicious Persian cuisine
The 11-day Iran tour with Get Lost Escapes starts at US$5450.