Sail in style on the Venetian LagoonVenice, Italy
Join a flotilla and cruise through the Venetian Lagoon. You’ll feel all class as you sail your own small boat, travelling in a fleet of up to eight, to –
Meet your guide in Casale, admire the brightly coloured buildings of the Burano islands, and splash some cash on keepsakes from the seven-kilometre pedestrian shopping street – the world’s largest – of Lido di Jesolo. Cruise to Chioggia, dubbed Little Venice for its serene township, to sample the freshest seafood at local markets, before cruising to the real Venice for gondolas, roses and a walk through St Mark’s Square. Socialise with your fellow sailors or explore at your own pace.
- Seeing the gems of the Venetian Lagoon in style
- Taking over the helm from your skipper and acting out your fantasies of captaining a ship
- Visiting the best local markets for shopping and fresh produce
- Exploring with your newfound flotilla friends, but still being at luxury to wander off on your own
- The lagoon has its rough moments, so if you’re sensitive to sea sickness, you have been warned!
- If you’re travelling during peak season, it could mean longer wait times to dock for your on-land adventures
The Venetian Lagoon is on the northeast coast of Italy.
Go on the eight-day Italy Flotilla tour with Le Boat from US$2735 for four people.
The Italy Flotilla tour departs between April and August.