Spain's answer to the igloo Sierra de Segura, Spain
Want to escape the city’s hustle and bustle and commune with nature, but can’t be bothered with tent pegs and sleeping bags? Otro Mundo is your answer. Located in the hills of the Sierra del Segura in Spain’s south, these two eco-friendly pods – one for a couple, the other for a family of up to five – look a little like igloos with hip retro-inspired interiors.
Around the camp, there’s a natural swimming pool overlooked by hammocks, fruit trees where you can pick a snack and loads of hiking trails. Take to two wheels to make the most of the 2000 kilometres of mountain bike trails or wander to isolated waterfalls. Experience this wild part of Spain for yourself because, after all, there’s no place like dome.
- Swing your stresses away in a hammock overlooking the natural swimming pool
- Free snacks from fruit trees for your hikes, hell yes! You’ll never want to buy fruit from the grocer again
- Guilty free stay with the use of ecological, fair-trade and/or locally produced products
- With solar showers you rely on good weather for a warm bath, thankfully sunny Spain you shouldn’t have a problem. Then again, maybe best to go in the summer months
- Composting toilets have come a long way, but if the slightest smells turn you off best bet is to hold your noise
- Shared kitchen – thankfully you’re only share with one other family
Fly with Emirates to Granada then take a short bus or train ride to Sierra de Segura.
- Solar showers
- Composting toilets
- Shared kitchen
From US$65 a night.
Reservations for both breakfast and dinner must be made in advance.