Beach delight at Thevenard IslandMackerel Islands, Onslow
Set off the Pilbara coast in the Indian Ocean, Thevenard is the kind of spot you dream about being washed up on for a few days. If you enjoy the simple life with an epic setting, this is just the ticket. Ten absolute beachfront cabins are set overlooking the ocean and moored boats. It’s much loved by those who rejoice in throwing out a line, but you can also hire kayaks, SUPs and snorkelling gear to explore the fringing reef.
A casual dinner under the stars happens twice a week, otherwise guests fend for themselves. If you’ve got your own boat, you can make the 45-minute journey from Onslow yourself, otherwise there’s a twice-weekly transfer.
- Beachfront blissful blues
- Watching sea turtles lay eggs on the beach
- Being mesmerised by dolphins and whales playing in the blue-green waters
- World-class fishing
- Hiring a kayak or SUP and exploring the area
- Snorkelling around the reef surrounded by colourful fish, crabs and stingrays
- Having to drag yourself away from this paradise
- Air con
- Fitness centre
- Bar / lounge
From about AU$330 a night for a two-bedroom cabin.