Cruise your way into the heart of the frozen frontierAntarctica
Experience the raw beauty of untamed Antarctica, up close and personal with an eleven-day cruise through this otherworldly polar region that remains one of the most sought after travel destinations in the world.
Despite its inaccessibility, this cruise takes you into the heart of one of the most inhospitable and desolate continents to experience the wonder of earth's last great frontier.
You'll want to have your winter woolies on as the tour embarks from Ushuaia at the southern tip of South America and traverses the infamous and often turbulent Drake Passage on the comfortable and spacious polar expedition vessel the Ocean Endeavour. Your destination is South Shetlands and the Antarctic Peninsula.
Surrounded by monstrous tabular icebergs and a never-ending ice sheet, the harsh Antarctic surroundings can be explored safely and comfortably thanks to the small zodiac boats which allow travellers to be able to step foot onto this fascinating final frontier and feel the frostbite first-hand.
Enjoy unparalleled wildlife viewing, as you wander through colonies of entertaining and curious penguins, encounter basking seals, watch a frenzy of feeding birdlife and maybe see the silhouette of a whale gliding past or breaching the surface.
- Visiting earth’s last frontier
- The feeling of absolute isolation coupled with beauty
- Though known as the most hostile environment on the planet you will be blown away by how incredibly peaceful it is
- You are likely to need to do a digital detox as wifi is intermittent and very expensive at best
- Are intolerant to the cold. It’s brass monkeys in the Antarctic Peninsula!
From AUS $15 000.00
Might be a teency bit chilly