Cruise into the frozen frontierAntarctica
Experience the raw beauty of untamed Antarctica, up close and personal with an 11-day cruise through this otherworldly polar region that remains one of the most sought after travel destinations in the world.
Despite Antarctica’s inaccessibility, this cruise takes you into the heart of one of the most inhospitable and desolate continents to experience the wonder of earth’s last great frontier.
You'll want to have your winter woollies on as the tour embarks from Ushuaia at the southern tip of South America and traverses the often turbulent Drake Passage on the comfortable and spacious polar expedition vessel, Ocean Endeavour. Your destination is South Shetlands and the Antarctic Peninsula.
Surrounded by monstrous tabular icebergs and a never-ending ice sheet, the harsh Antarctic surroundings can be explored safely and comfortably thanks to the small zodiac boats.
Enjoy unparalleled wildlife viewing, as you wander through colonies of curious penguins, encounter basking seals, watch a frenzy of feeding birds and perhaps see a whale breaching the ocean’s surface.
- Visiting Earth’s last frontier
- The feeling of absolute isolation in such beauty
- Although known as the most hostile environment on the planet, you will be blown away by how incredibly peaceful it is
- You are likely to need to do a digital detox as wifi is intermittent
- Are you intolerant to the cold? It’s brass monkeys here
The 14-day Journey to the Circle cruise with Chimu starts at AU$15,710.