Get isolated at Fiji's Remote ResortVanua Levu, Fiji
The name really says it all. This little slice of heaven is located on a 26-hectare private plantation on the Fijian island of Vanua Levu, and is accessible only by boat (and that’s after both plane and car transfers). It’s a long journey with a huge payoff though, as guests arrive in what can only be described as a true tropical paradise. A traditional kava ceremony and refreshing drink kick off the glorious welcome party, followed by an in-room foot massage.
The secluded villas, of which there are just eight, are luxurious and modern in a way many Fijian resorts aren’t. And let’s not forget each one has a plunge pool, outdoor bathroom, enormous daybed and breathtaking ocean views. If you manage to tear yourself away from these lavish confines, there’s more than enough to keep you busy. Kayaks, SUPs and snorkel gear are available to use, plus there are weekly cooking demonstrations, village visits and farm tours. Scuba diving at nearby Rainbow Reef can be arranged, as can swimming with manta rays, spa treatments, special dining experiences and castaway days at a secret beach.
- Fijian welcome including traditional Fijian kava ceremony
- Kayaks, stand up paddle boards
- Weekly chef’s cooking demonstration
- Village visit and traditional Fijian singing
- Coconut and Pina Colada Show
- Tour of the Remote Farm
- Personal snorkel lessons
- Inviting villa, with your own private plunge pool, overlooking the jetty
- The Fijian lunch curries, and seafood
- Difficult to reach – you wanted remote though right?
- Air con
- Free wi-fi
- Outdoor shower and vanity
- Bar / lounge
- Deck with oversized daybed and plunge pool
- Direct ocean views
From US $500 per couple per night.