Gliding through the Chilean glaciers Fiordo Calvo, Chile
If global warming has taught us anything, it’s the realisation that some of the world’s most incredible natural wonders probably won’t be around for much longer. Which makes a voyage on the MV Skorpios III with Skorpios Cruises all the more important. The three-night Kaweskar route sets sail from Puerto Natales for the Southern Patagonian Ice Field, bypassing 15 glaciers, including Amalia, El Brujo, and Bernal, along with others located in the Fiordo Calvo area.
You’ll be able to admire the immense size of these melting marvels up close, and there’s also the option to sail through multi-coloured ice-floes on the smaller expedition boats. We don’t know how long these glaciers will last so we’d recommend taking this trip sooner rather than later.
- Getting up close and personal with 15 glaciers, including Amalia, El Brujo, and Bernal, along with a host of others located in the Fiordo Salvo area
- Seeing these natural wonders of the world before they disappear for good
- The wild and remote scenery of the Chilean fjords
- A photographers dream come true
- Remember your winter woolies….the Chilean fjords can pretty brisk
The three-night Kaweskar cruise starts at: US$820.