Paradise at Paradis d’OuvéaOuvéa Island, New Caledonia
Imagine stepping out of a bungalow straight onto talcum-soft sand. Now make that a reality at Paradis d’Ouvéa. Set among gardens on an atoll boasting a UNESCO World Heritage-listed lagoon, this cluster of bungalows features high ceilings, polished wooden floors and verandas.
With the island’s main beach spanning more than two-thirds of Ouvéa’s length, stray coconuts and the occasional sea creature represent the only competition for a prime position by the Pacific. When you’re not playing castaway, survey caves, visit the shark nursery and snorkel with manta rays. But don’t get too chummy with the wildlife, though – you can’t beat a dinner of lobster plucked fresh from the sea.
- It’s the sole hotel on Ouvéa, so energy fighting for a spot on the sand can be better spent laying on a stretch of deserted beach, exploring hidden caves and snorkelling with the local marine life
- Enjoying the privacy of your bungalow without sacrificing the stunning views
- There’s only one restaurant at the hotel, so if you’re after variety you’ll have to wander further afield
- Single, double and king bed options
- Private terrace (with hot tub in larger rooms)
- Air conditioning
- Free wi-fi
- Flatscreen TV
Rooms from US$300, including breakfast.