Mountainous Eurasian RetreatStepantsminda, Georgia
The brutal architecture of Rooms Hotel Kazbegi leaves no doubt as to its provenance. With a spectacular backdrop of the Caucasus Mountains, this former Soviet resort has left all other traces of its past behind. An extensive renovation saw the whole exterior clad in timber, while the 156 rooms are simple but comfortable.
It’s the public spaces – an epic indoor pool, extensive library, casino and lounge bar and patio – teamed with a landscape like nothing you may have ever seen before that give this spot the edge.
After dinner, take a seat by the open fire, vodka in hand, and be mesmerised by the scene of snow-capped mountains that rise to the stars. All you’ll be missing is a cigar. Luckily, they’re rolled right in the hotel lobby.
- The jaw-dropping views of the Caucasus Mountain Range
- Devouring traditional Georgian food
- Having so many outdoor activities to choose from, including quad biking and heli-skiing
- Retreating indoors without having to miss out on the incredible views
- It’s quite literally in the heart of nature, so nightlife is restricted to the hotel facilities
- Single and king size beds
- Free wi-fi
- LCD TV
- Mini bar
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- Indoor pool
- Lounge bar
Rooms from around US$122 a night.