Secret isolation at Waterhouse RetreatWest Sumatra, Indonesia
In the middle of nowhere, no one can hear you scream. Not that you’ll need to, because at these far-flung hideaways paradise awaits. The Waterhouse, Indonesia is so isolated, the folks who run this remote retreat don’t even want us to say where it is.
Rest assured, you’ll be looked after from the time you arrive in Kuala Lumpur to when you set foot in this overwater bungalow surrounded by warm water and jungle-covered islands.
There’s a maximum number of 36 guests on the private island at any one time, but you’ll barely see them except for when you head to the restaurant for meals, many of them prepared using fresh seafood delivered daily by local fishermen.
Slip off your veranda into the water and go snorkelling, book a dive, organise a tour of nearby islands or go trekking in the mountains where you might see monkeys and monitor lizards. Alternatively, there’s nothing wrong with pulling out a book and slipping off into an afternoon nap with the soft sounds of the water lapping beneath you.
- Absolute isolation guaranteed
- Only 36 guests on island at any one time…you’ll know them all by name
- Meals prepared using fresh seafood delivered daily by local fishermen
- Snorkelling, diving, and swimming in the pristine waters
- Trekking in the nearby islands in search of monitor lizards and monkeys
- This place is so secretive the temptation to disappear forever may be strong
- 24h electricity
- Mosquito nets
- Snorkel equipment
- Mini bar
- Satellite TV
- Wi-fi in commune area
- Mobile phone coverage
- Security box at reception
From US $230 per person per night.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all included.