Anavilhanas Jungle LodgeAmazon, Brazil
Brazil’s nightlife is some of the world’s most exciting, but if you find yourself all partied out, an escape to this jungle retreat is sure to recharge your batteries.
Hidden in the heart of the Amazon, the lodge offers eco-luxe cottages and bungalows tucked within tropical wilderness. You’re in the wilds here, but the amenities are strictly civilised – think plush bedding, air-conditioning, private balconies and hammocks swinging in the breeze.
Take a dip in the pool overlooking the Negro River and head to the 13-metre-high observation deck for unparalleled views of the Anavilhanas Archipelago. When you’re recharged and ready for adventure, take a hike through the dry-land forests, search for pink river dolphins, or cruise the national park, which teems with more than 400 islands.
- All the adventure tours – playing with pink dolphins, yes please!
- Swimming in the Amazon River is a bucket list experience
- The gorgeous design that blends in with the surrounding environment
- It can get sweltering
- The internet can be a bit shifty
- Activities are often locked in so you don’t have much flexibility to change them once you’re there
The three-hour transfer by road to Eduardo Gomes Airport in Manaus is included in the packages with two daily departures. You can also book a seaplane ride that flies over much of the archipelago. It costs extra, but it’s worth it for the view.
- Pool overlooking the Rio Negro and islands
- Reception and lounge
- TV room with SKY HD channels
- Bar with special caipirinhas and selected South American wines
- Floating deck
Three-day packages including transport, meals and guides cost from US$450 per person in a double room.
If you want to stay in the beautiful glass room be sure to book a panoramic bungalow, not a cottage.