Twenty-first century safari in Sri LankaYala National Park, Sri Lanka
On a deserted beach in Sri Lanka’s Yala National Park – the best place in the country to spot leopards – site a chilled luxury camp. With 28 super-cool, air-conditioned tents offer state-of-the art amenities arranged around ponds to attract birds and butterflies, Wild Coast Tented Lodge is set to be at the top of bucket lists.
Located where the jungle meets a pristine beach, overlooking the blue waters of the Indian Ocean, Wild Coast Lodge’s cocoon-like design utilises arched fabric structures that camouflage into the surrounding rocks and boulders.
Sister properties Cape Weligama and Ceylon Tea Trails set the bar high but Wild Coast Tented Lodge's superb restaurant and spa is world-class and the real treat and point of difference is the safari experiences. Wild Coast operates silent hybrid vehicles to track elephants and leopards, plus an on-site dive centre allows underwater explorers to observe the wrecks of Portuguese galleons.
- Waking up to the sound of birds chirping in the morning and waves rolling in from the shore
- Taking a dip in the pool after sunset as the stars line the sky
- Incredible food – both eastern and western choices
- The bush walk and safaris at yala national park searching for birds elephants and leopards
- You’ll need to wake up before the sun rises for the animal safari…but it’ll be worth it
- Free wi-fi
- Air con
- Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, beverages
- One daily game drive and laundry
- Spa bath and wellness centre
- Coffee machine
- Free toiletries
- Sonos stereo
All inclusive rooms from AU$890 a night.