Two-wheeling through PugliaPuglia, Italy
It’s a classic Italian fantasy, isn’t it? To ride off into the sunset on a motorcycle, nothing but the empty road ahead and a burning desire for adventure?
Well, now those wistful dreams can become reality – kind of. Rental company Stev Rent offer both guided motorcycle tours of Puglia, or, for the more free spirited, bikes for personal hire. Whether you’ve got a guide accompanying you, or you’re riding solo, the ancient streets of Puglia and incredible surrounding scenery make for a pretty epic touring route.
With all guided tours starting in Bari, the itineraries vary, and you can choose to head into the mountainous township of Matera (also known as the ‘city of 44 churches’), journey along the sun-kissed coast towards Torre Canne then inland to Alberobello or cruise to Torre Castiglione, one of the most beautiful beaches on the Salento peninsula. Whichever tour you choose though, know that eye-watering views, quaint towns and bucketloads of history are pretty much guaranteed.
The motorcycles for hire include all the go-to brands: BMW, Ducati, Harley Davidson, Honda plus many more, so there’s bound to be a bike that suits your needs and experience levels.
- Cruising along some of Puglia’s most scenic roads.
- That rush of adrenaline that kicks in when you pick up speed or tackle a tight turn.
- How cool you’ll feel on the back of a Harley with the wind whipping through your hair – it’s an addictive feeling, trust us!
- With plenty of hairpin corners and narrow streets, it can get a little bit dicey manoeuvring a motorcycle through the streets of Puglia.
- Motorcycle tours aren’t for the uninitiated – if you’re not confident it’s best to jump on the back of someone else’s bike.
Not for the faint-hearted, it’s probably a good idea to have a bit of previous biking experience and a good level of confidence before hitting the road on a motorcycle tour.