Vodka Room AucklandAuckland, New Zealand
If it wasn’t for the Kiwi accents, you’d be forgiven for thinking you had stumbled upon one of Moscow’s finest drinking dens. Home to more than 150 varieties of the clear spirit, Auckland’s Vodka Room lives up to its name, serving rare and limited-edition drops, house-made infused varieties (cookie dough, anyone?) and flights of different voddies for the indecisive among us.
Any vodka drinker knows a solid sesh calls for a hearty feed, and the modern Russian menu doesn’t disappoint, with vareniki (potato and cheese dumplings), blini rolls, caviar and borsch just some of the drool-worthy options that should help fend off potential hangovers. Kick on in the private karaoke rooms, where ‘press for vodka’ buttons ensure you’re in good shape to give the performance of a lifetime.
- Over 150 varieties of vodka
- A menu that includes Russian staples borsch, vareniki, caviar, pashteet
- A selection of craft beers from New Zealand, Russia, Europe and further afield
- Three bars and six areas to eat, drink and be merry
- If you’re a teetotaller there’s always Kvass (traditional fermented Slavic and Baltic drink made from rye bread) and plenty of mocktails on offer