A boutique hotel that could be a museumLombok, Indonesia
Watch the sun rise over the ocean from your luxurious beachfront retreat on the north-west coast of Lombok. Set amid miles of pristine white sand, Hotel Tugu offers an uber-luxurious escape in the shadow of Mount Rinjani, the second-highest mountain in Indonesia.
Surrounded by six hectares of palm plantations, this upscale offering features hundreds of original artworks and antiques that pay tribute to Lombok’s indigenous culture. Swim in the clear blue water right at your doorstep, trek to a nearby waterfall, take a yoga class or partake in a barbecue beneath a full moon. Alternatively, relax by your own private plunge pool and forget about the world outside.
- Secluded beachside luxury
- White sand and turquoise water – what more do you need?
- Your upstairs suite with sunken bathtub and stunning ocean views
- The Japanese restaurant on the rooftop that overlooks the ocean and serves scrumptious breakfast and sushi and cocktails at sunset
- Traditional Balinese architecture and Indonesian antiques and artefacts adorning the rooms
- Variety of classes include yoga, Balinese cooking, and herbal healing
- It’s a bit of a trek to reach the hotel but once you do: breathtaking
- Air con
- Private beach
- USB charges
- Free wifi
- Flatscreen TV
- Mini bar
- Private plunge pools
- Sunken tubs
From US$236 per night.