A Maldivian paradise with a waterslideNoonu Atoll, Maldives
Remember being a kid and wishing the stairs in your house could be swapped with a slide? Live the dream at the new Soneva Jani, where you can select a deluxe overwater bungalow with a chute that takes you from bed to lagoon in an instant. From Malé airport in the Maldives, a private seaplane will whisk you over some of the nation’s 1190 coral islands to your own wooden castle perched out over crystal-clear water. Here the hardest decision you’ll have is deciding between an afternoon in your private pool or joining the fish in the ocean.
- Splashing about in every shade of blue on the colour spectrum
- Doing cool tricks off the end of your very own waterslide!
- The seemingly endless number of water activities on offer, including paddle-boarding, canoeing, wind surfing and sailing
- If you’re craving a little activity on land, there’s personal bicycles available for every guest
- Waking up every morning in paradise!
- You’ll be forking out a small fortune for the pleasure of staying here. (But you get your own slippery dip. Admit it, you know you want one!)
- It’ll be pretty difficult to top this experience, so be prepared: all future beach or water activities may seem a little underwhelming after this
Soneva Jani is situated on Medhufaru Island, on the Noonu Atoll of the Maldives, and is only a 40-minute flight on your private seaplane from Malé International Airport.
- Butler service
- TV and sound system
- Open-air bathroom with bath tub and shower
- Lounge area
- Roof deck
- Walk-in mini bar
- In-room safe
- Outdoor shower
- Private pool
The one-bedroom Water Retreat starts from US$3025 a night.
There are a number of complimentary services available to guests, including yoga, water sports and even a weekly sunset cocktail party, just to name a few, so be sure to check them out on their website.
Images: Richard Waite.