A slice of Europe on Circular QuaySydney, Australia
There’s a new kid on the Quay, with the arrival of Salt Meats Cheese’s latest venture, Bar Ombré. And with a happy hour that features $5 beers and $10 spritzes, plus free bar snacks, it’s turning heads for all the right reasons. Boasting million-dollar views of Sydney Harbour from its rooftop perch on the uppermost level of the Gateway Building, the bar brings a welcome slice of Europe to Circular Quay.
A colourful fit-out with plenty of lush greenery makes for an inviting setting – ideal for co-founders Edoardo Perlo and Stefano de Blasi, who are both from Northern Italy, to serve up antipasto plates loaded with cured meats, wood-baked focaccia and stretched cheese made fresh daily. Bellissimo!
- The house-made cheese menu, antipasto plates of cured meats, burrata and wood-baked focaccia
- The dedicated spritz menu
- The daily happy hour and free bar snacks
- Watching the setting sun over Sydney Harbour Bridge with a drink in hand
- The European-inspired cocktail menu…try the Forget Me Not (gin, lychee and elderflower liqueurs, egg white and plum bitters) or the Smokin’ Nights (amaro, mezcal, Angostura bitters, cream and cinnamon)
- There’s no table service, so you’ll have to move it move it move it