Adventure Overload in Oman Tanuf, Oman
When it comes to action, Oman’s terrain is an adventurer’s playground and this tour ticks all the right boxes. Begin at the ruins of Tanuf, where you’ll get a dose of technical cycling as you pump up a series of switchbacks before descending through date palm plantations and weaving among the mud houses of Al Hamra, one of Oman’s oldest villages. Later, amble through an oasis-like wadi to Al Hoota Cave. Here you’ll abseil into darkness and, headlight beaming, explore vast chambers littered with car-sized boulders and towering ’tites and ’mites.
The next day, reach dizzying heights at Jebel Shams, Oman’s highest mountain. Witness the rippled chasms of Wadi Ghul – Oman’s Grand Canyon – before attaching yourself to a via ferrata and sidling along its ochre walls, with a kilometre-deep drop behind you. Cap off your adventure with a picnic at the top, overlooking the incredible landscape you’ve just traversed.
Discover the Middle East’s home of adventure.
- An insight into Oman while exploring your adventurous side
- Cycling through date palm plantations and weaving among the mud houses of one of Oman’s oldest villages, Al Hamra
- Abseiling at Al Hoota Cave
- Climbing Jebel Shams, Oman’s highest mountain
- Not the adventurous type? It’s time to meet your fear head on
Go with twenty3 extreme from US$770.
This three-day tour departs on request.