Elevated luxury at Al Jabal Al AkhdarNizwa, Oman
Built in a region of Oman formerly off-limits to foreigners, it’s hardly surprising that Al Jabal Al Akhdar has generated some hullabaloo. And the fact that it’s only accessible by 4WD adds an extra layer of temptation and intrigue. Perched on a precipice some 2000 metres above sea level, this property sits right in the belly of the Hajar Mountain range. At first glance, the landscape appears barren, yet its valleys are freckled with Damask roses and pomegranate and peach trees.
So regardless of whether you opt for a canyon view room or a private pool villa, the views from this five-star hotel will not disappoint. Expect unadulterated luxury and resort activities aplenty (a library and cookery school are just two of the on-site options).
- Escaping to the mountains staying in absolute luxury with canyon views at one of the world’s highest resorts
- Traversing the surrounding desert
- Unwinding at the resort with spa and hammam rituals
- Stargazing from the viewing platform where Princess Diana once stood
- Getting your Masterchef on at the cooking school
- Start saving now, luxury like this doesn’t come cheap
- Free wi-fi
- Canyon views
- Air con
- Flat screen TV
- Tennis court
- Private courtyard with majlis-style living area
- Temperature-controlled plunge pool with jets
- Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room
Rooms from US$440, including breakfast.