Alam Anda Ocean Front Resort & SpaTedjakula, Indonesia
An adults-only holiday in Bali that’s far from the crowds? It’s rare, but possible. A stay at Alam Anda Ocean Front Resort & Spa goes way beyond the ordinary beach holiday, allowing you to experience this island in its real sense and immerse yourself in a traditional Balinese environment.
The four-star resort is boutique in size and offers beautiful, traditional single-storey bungalows and villas, each designed in typical Balinese style.
Pamper yourself in Alam Anda’s fantastic spa, wellness and relaxation area, then learn what Balinese cuisine is all about with a cooking class at the resort and a trip to the local market.
Water babies will find an exceptional dive centre at the resort, with world-class dive schools and a house reef just off the beach. There are some incredible dives in close proximity to the resort, too, including the wreck of the USS Liberty. For something land-based, a drive past rice fields, coffee and cocoa plantations to the great temple Pura Ulun Danu Batur at the edge of the crater of the Batur Volcano offers memorable scenery.
- The serenity, tranquillity and laid-back atmosphere throughout the adults-only resort
- The diving school and its proximity to Bali’s best diving spots
- The local villages surrounding the resort, where time seems to have stood still
- The yoga gazebo
- There’s wi-fi, but you have to pay for it
- It’s a fair hike to get to any large shopping and eating complexes
It’s a three-hour drive from Denpasar to Alam Anda – past rice terraces, temples and small villages – which offers an ideal opportunity to take in the beautiful landscape and the diverse culture of Bali.
- Half- and full-day excursions
- A huge wellness and relaxation area
- On-site diving centre and house reef
Prices start at US$99 per night for a sea-view bungalow.