Camp in style at Lemala NanyukieSerengeti, Tanzania
Located near the centre of Serengeti National Park, this camp is the place to be if you don’t want to work too hard when it comes to viewing wildlife. Its 15 luxury tents, complete with plunge pools on decks, are set at the heart of an area renowned for the annual wildebeest migration.
Even if you visit outside those months, you’ll be captivated by what you see on both guided safaris and walks. All year, the landscape surrounding Nanyukie has a high concentration of lions, leopards and cheetahs. You’ll never feel crowded here either – even the main tent, where guests gather for sundowners and meals, has lots of sitting areas both inside and out.
- Super-stylish glamping in the heart of Serengeti National Park
- Within 10 minutes you’ll be spotting leopards, hippos and cheetahs
- There’s the choice of game drives or wildlife walks
- Hearing lions roar as you sip an afternoon aperitif
- Don’t forget the insect repellent – the flies are relentless
- 15 suites, including one with two bedrooms
- Spacious rooms with luxury fittings
- Shower and freestanding bathtub
- Deck with outdoor shower and plunge pool
- Mini bar stocked to personal preferences
- Main lounge area with bar, viewing area and swimming pool
From US$2,300 a person for a three-night, all-inclusive stay.