Cinema in a CemeteryLos Angeles, USA
A cemetery isn’t your typical setting for a summer night’s entertainment, but Cinespia at Hollywood Forever Cemetery isn’t your typical cinema. Thousands of people flock to the cemetery when the weather warms to catch classic films under the Californian night sky against the backdrop of a historic Hollywood landmark.
Picnic on the open lawn lined with LA’s signature palm trees and listen to DJs play until sundown. Then sit back with a bottle of wine (no spirits allowed) for a surreal cinematic experience at the final resting place of some of Hollywood’s biggest stars. If you’re lucky one of Hollywood’s A-listers might even make an appearance (in the flesh, not the film). This is a BYO event, bring a blanket or chair – just make sure doesn’t surpass the 68-centimetre height limit.
- Potentially plonking down next to an A-lister
- DJs spinning sets before and after the movie
- The Cinespia Store sells picnic blankets, wine goblets and other cool trinkets to take home
- It’s BYO everything – chairs, blanket, food and drinks (no spirits) –so be prepared
- Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis, so nab a spot early
From US $18 – $45