Delhi to London on a 70-day bus voyageDelhi, India
If you thought multi-day bus tours were typically reserved for young, first-time travellers à la a Contiki-style trip or organised groups of elderly retirees, let us introduce an ambitious new bus service promising the adventure of a lifetime.
The epic 70-day Bus to London tour by expedition company Adventures Overland is one hell of a cross-continental journey. Beginning in Delhi, India, and traversing 18 different countries before finally reaching the UK capital of London, the hop-on hop-off itinerary will cover around 20,000 kilometres.
Partly inspired by the Hippie Trail movement of the 1950s and 60s, which saw thousands of young people embark on long-haul road trips from Europe to Asia, the Bus to London route will bypass major landmarks such as Myanmar’s Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, the Great Wall of China and the Red Square in Moscow. Other highlights include a thorough exploration of the ‘Stans (Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan), Baltic countries such as Latvia and Lithuania, and, of course, Euro faves such as Germany, Belgium and France.
Comfort is key on this expedition, and the purpose-built bus features all the luxury mod cons you’d expect from a first-class vehicle, like ample legroom, individual entertainment systems, private lockers and charging points.
The inaugural Bus to London tour departs in May 2021 (pending Covid-19 restrictions), and upon completion the bus will embark on a return voyage back to India. Now if this doesn’t get you excited for the return of international travel and incredible, one-off experiences, we’re not sure what will.
- Ticking off amazing bucket-list destinations you otherwise wouldn’t visit
- Bragging about how you criss-crossed half the world in a bus
- Your own mini pantry and cool box on the bus (because snacks are VERY important on a road trip)
- Being among the first to embark on this historic trip
- If you get motion sickness be sure to pack plenty of meds, otherwise you’re in for a long, uncomfortable journey
- Spending 70 days straight in a confined space with a bunch of complete strangers could be… interesting (to say the least)
The full, 70-day Bus to London trip costs US$20,500. This price includes all accommodation (on a twin-sharing basis), meals, required visas and permits, English-speaking guides in all countries, sightseeing tours, entrance fees at major attractions and fuel costs.
While you can’t actually book your place on the tour just yet, you can register your interest via this email: email@example.com.