Experience rural Colorado in styleDolores, USA
For those who like the idea of being at one with the great outdoors, but can’t imagine life without a hot bath, there’s glamping on this Colorado property about 50 kilometres from Telluride. Eight tents – each with handcrafted beds, gas fireplaces and full-sized tubs – are located either on the banks of the Dolores River or in a forest tall with blue spruce and ponderosa pines.
Meals are served at the renovated farmhouse, where there’s also a bar on the veranda overlooking the Wilson Range. Guests can also get a shuttle to the nearby Dunton Hot Springs resort, built in a former ghost town, to soak in the healing waters. Go horse riding in the High Rockies, mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing, fly fishing (there are guides for beginners) or relax with a massage or body treatment in the spa tent.
- The luxury amenities that mean going bush doesn’t have to equal zero creature comforts
- The history – Dunton was a former cattle ranch from the late 1800’s
- The free reign to roam among the 500 acres of amazing fields, meadows and forest
- The price
- Naturephobes need not apply – although the amenities are first-class you’re still out in the wilds of Colorado
- It’s only open during American summertime
- Spacious, bespoke glamping tents
- Ensuite bathrooms and gas stoves inside each tent
- Mountain bikes and lawn games are offered free
About US$1438 a night, though all meals and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), the sauna, the mountain bikes etc are included.