Follow the wine trailCape Town, South Africa
Quaff the finest wines on a cycling adventure through the motley landscape of South Africa’s wine regions as you peddle past desert dunes, forested mountains and sapphire waters. The circular route, beginning in Cape Town, will see you ride along tarmac roads – with a couple of climbs thrown in – to the famed Boschendal Winery and sampling a drop or two from one of the 29 cellars located at Rosenview Winery in Stellenbosch.
Other highlights include standing on Cape Agulhas, South Africa’s southernmost point; sinking local beers at the Birkenhead brewery; spotting southern right whales in Hermanus; and cycling one of South Africa’s most jaw-dropping circuits, the Cape Argus route. In the evenings, kick back in your comfortable lodge and toast to a day well spent.
- Discovering Cape Town and Table Mountain
- Sampling regional produce from the vineyards of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- Visiting Cape Algulhas – the southernmost point of Africa
- The comfort of cycling with full vehicle support
- Spotting whales in Hermanus
- Your calves, glutes and hamstrings are going to get tight. Don’t forget to stretch after a day’s ride
Go with Exodus Travels for nine days (fully inclusive) for US$3225.
Basic level of fitness is required.