Get back to nature at Poronui LodgeTaharua, New Zealand
Within the Taharua Valley of New Zealand’s North Island sits Poronui Lodge’s Luxury Safari Camp. Ride in by horse to back country isolation and total digital detox (you won’t find WiFi out here), where these two-person canvas-roofed tents are stocked with comforts like hot water, flushing toilets and gourmet food cooked by a private chef (self cooking option also available).
Situated on the banks of the Mohaka River, its cascading sounds your night-time melody, a crackling campfire and star-filled sky will light up your evenings. You’ll also have full access to the Stables facilities (sauna, steam and massage rooms), and Poronui’s multiple experiences, which includes hunting, hiking, horse-riding, mountain biking and heli-fishing.
- Staying at one of the world’s best sporting lodges perched in the New Zealand high country above the ‘home pool’ on the Taharua River
- Ride by horse back in country isolation
- Dining under the stars and falling asleep to the sound of the cascading river
- Gourmet food cooked by a private chef
- Poronui’s multiple experiences, which includes hunting, hiking, horse-riding, mountain biking and heli-fishing
- Even if the great outdoors aren’t your thing, there’s plenty of creature comforts to make you feel at home
- Crisp cotton sheets, hot running water and flushing toilets
- Coonara style fireplace
- Fully functional kitchen
Prices start from US$360.