Get back to nature at Timber Cove ResortJenner, California
The spirit of the 60s is alive and well at Timber Cove. Although the hotel’s dramatic A-frame structure has since been moved and expanded to make the most of the outlook, the owners were careful to remain true to Richard Clements Jr’s original design, built in 1963.
There are 46 rooms, each with a rustic modern vibe and features like fireplaces, Crosley record players, and local wines and coffee. It’s right on the Sonoma coastline – a 2.5-hour drive from San Francisco – so you’ve got 400 wineries to explore, as well as hiking trails, cute towns, surf beaches and heaps more. You don’t even need to leave the hotel. Hit the outdoor living room, with fire pit, pool table and ping pong, or join the guided Saturday walks.
- If you think the setting is familiar that’s because it’s a favourite of landscape photographer Ansel Adams
- There are more than three kilometres of hiking trails on the property, as well as gorgeous picnicking spots
- The location is perfect for spotting whales and stargazing
- There’s so much to do at the property you might find it hard to get out to explore the local beaches, wineries and towns
- Locally sourced libations and munchies in the minibar
- Pour-over coffee set-up with custom roast
- Natural eco-friendly Lather toiletry products
- Crosley record players with a collection of vinyl LPs
- Some suites have a fireplace
- Pet friendly
From about US$230 a night.