Get cosy at Whakaipo LodgeTaupo, New Zealand
Hidden within a mini forest in the rolling green hills around the North Island’s Lake Taupo is the wonderfully quaint Whakaipo Lodge. With just two suites, it’s more a luxury bed and breakfast than a full-scale lodge. Head out for the day – there’s all manner of hiking, mountain biking, rafting and fishing during the warmer months, and skiing at Mt Ruapehu in winter – or stick around to wander the grounds and feed the sheep in the back paddock.
Owners Garth and Angie London have created a welcoming five-star experience that has a soothing charm. The best way to end a day’s exploration, of course, is to settle in by Whakaipo Lodge’s open fire with a glass of pinot noir.
- Exploring Taupo and the Great Lake…it’s all here – swimming, walking, hiking, biking or photography
- Wandering the 4 hectare estate, with stunning gardens and friendly sheep
- Enjoying a glass of super NZ Sauvignon blanc or Pinot Noir on the terrace overlooking the garden and paddocks
- The highly recommended breakfast and dinner at the Lodge, it’s all homemade from the marmalade, breads, pastries, to the pizzas
- With only two suites Whakaipo Lodge is secluded and intimate but you’ll love the peace and quite
- Coffee / tea maker
- Air con
- Flat screen TV
- Extremest long beds
- Free breakfast
- Free high speed internet
- Bicycle rental
- Facial treatments
- Free parking
Packages start at US$570 for a two-night stay.