Get into the groove at Grand AfricaCape Town, South Africa
Any bar that has a giant, shiny disco ball as part of its décor means partying business. And disco balls are just the beginning. Cape Town’s recently renovated Grand Africa also boasts an enormous red lounge in the shape of some very luscious-looking lips, two huge lion statues and a floating love heart. Despite the audacious styling choices, the interiors are inviting and relaxing, complementing the wooden boardwalks that sit atop marshmallow soft sand and fairytale style day beds.
The incredible Table Mountain makes up Grand Africa’s backdrop while the Atlantic Ocean glistens out ahead. A wide-ranging menu (we recommend any of the seafood dishes) keeps the energy levels up for the DJ sets, which hit the decks from about 4pm during summer, while the cocktail menu keeps the party going. And as things heat up and the nights cool down, this playful, and a little bit cheeky, Cape Town beach club is the place to be.
- The stunning views from your table of the Atlantic Ocean, Table Mountain and Robben Island
- The afternoon DJ set in summer
- Sipping sangrias at sunset as your feet dig at the sand and the waves gently lap at the shore
- An extensive menu that specialises in fresh seafood
- If you’re looking for a quiet night, the music can pump pretty loud but that’s all part of the atmosphere