Get to Bali's NYC style speakeasy Bali, Indonesia
There’s something wonderfully alluring about a hard-to-find bar, particularly in a destination as saturated as Bali. Enter 40 Thieves. Hidden above a ramen restaurant on Jalan Petitenget, this New York-style speakeasy relies purely on word of mouth, making it that much sweeter when you finally stumble into its dark and moody interior.
With an industrial themed decor adorned with black and white photographs and plush brown chesterfield couches, the bar does away with umbrella-spiked daiquiris and the usual Balinese themes. 40 Thieves offers a selection of delicious crafted cocktails and artisanal spirits with quirky names like Corpse Reviver, Thai Whore Smashes and Tropical Tea Time. Once you’ve had a look around this hidden gem, choose your favoured libation and boogie down to the DJ set.
- The best selection of cocktails and spirits from Seminyak to Kuta
- Genuine cocktail staff who know their Singapore sling from their Old Fashion
- Rocking DJ beats and weekly Tuesday live music night
- Delicious Japanese style ramen
- If you are looking for a bar that Balinese locals drink at, you’ll have to set foot out of the tourist areas. While some locals do frequent its mainly expats