Ikara Safari CampWilpena Pound, Australia
Camping in the South Australian bush doesn’t have to involve forgotten flysheets and creepy-crawly catastrophes. Ikara offers top-notch safari tents – 15 in all, surrounding a central canopy where guests gather for dinner and drinks – some suitable for couples, others for families. All of them boast all the mod cons, from proper beds to ensuites.
From here, you can explore the surrounding Flinders Ranges, either by 4WD or scenic flight. Drive part of the Heysen Trail, hike the Brachina Gorge Geological Trail or take a bottle of wine to the spectacular Stokes Hill Lookout for sunset. Because no matter how exhausting your day is, you know you’ll sleep well under the stars in these deluxe tents.
- Being located only a stone’s throw away from Flinders Ranges National Park
- Enjoying a glass of wine while marvelling at the Flinders Ranges rock formations
- Surrounded by the tranquility of outback and its abundant wildlife
- Having to lather yourself in bug repellent
- If you don’t fancy being in the middle of nowhere, this may not be the place for you