Grampians Pioneer CottagesHalls Gap, Victoria
If you’ve never been to this part of Victoria you’re missing out. Halls Gap is at the base of the Grampians and the collection of four cottages at Grampians Pioneer Cottages has outstanding views of the mountains. Each was hand built by the property’s former owner using recycled building materials and filled with furnishings linked to the area’s history.
The smallest, the Redgum Log Cottage has two bedrooms and sleeps up to six, while the others have three bedrooms and sleep eight. There's kangaroos and emus to welcome you each morning. Gather some friends, stoke up the log fire and enjoy the tranquillity and local wildlife, or get out and about in nature on the national park’s hiking trails.
- Getting up close with kangaroos and emus
- Hiking, cycling and fishing in the surrounding areas
- Getting back to nature and experiencing the stunning scenery
- Local wineries
- Bush walking and hiking
- Once you’ve experienced the solitude and beauty of cabin living will you be able to adjust to city live again?
Grampians National Park is 236 km from Melbourne (3 hours). Follow the Western highway through Ballarat and Ararat.
- Fully equipped kitchen with a microwave
- Fireplace, and seating area
- Flat-screen TV
- Oven and stovetop and kettle
- Washing machine, private bathroom with shower and hairdryer
From AU$207 a night, for a minimum of two nights.