Head downtown to the Bowery New York, United States
Opened in 2007, the Bowery Hotel was a leader in the revitalisation of the once-gritty Bowery neighbourhood. Hoteliers Sean MacPherson and Eric Goode, also responsible for the Maritime and Jane hotels in Manhattan, bought and redesigned the 14-storey property, creating spaces imbued with retro, Art Deco-inspired glamour. There’s a warm and welcoming lobby, complete with hand-picked antique furnishings and cosy fireplace, and an outdoor patio.
The 135 bright guestrooms are like cool apartments, with floor-to-ceiling windows (some even have glimpses of the Empire State Building), Turkish oushak rugs, marble tubs and C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries amenities in the bathrooms. Grab a board game from the collection inspired by The Royal Tenenbaums and escape to the wood-panelled lobby bar for a break from the New York crowds, or try chef Chris D’Amico’s rustic Italian fare at Gemma, the in-house restaurant.
- It doesn’t get any hipper than this place – Turkish oushak rugs, marble tubs and C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries amenities in the bathroom
- Rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows with glimpses of the Empire State Building and NOHO
- Turkish oushak rugs, marble tubs and C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries amenities in the bathroom
- Hanging in the spectacular lobby / lounge area by the fire – chatting and hanging with other travellers
- Lounge and check-in area can become extremely busy…plonk yourself on the couch by the fire and soak it up
- Free wifi
- Allergy-free room
- Flat screen TV
- Fitness centre with gym / workout room
- On demand films
- Mini bar
- Bicycles avaialable
Double rooms from about US$360.