The Bushmills InnBushmills, Northern Ireland
A former coaching inn that offered respite for weary travellers in the early 1600s, the Bushmills Inn has undergone a few transformations in the 400 years since.
Its current incarnation as a luxurious hotel means it continues to accommodate guests in true Ulster fashion, just a short drive from some of Northern Ireland’s most iconic sites – including the world’s oldest distillery.
Each room is named after a whiskey and has been designed to reflect its story and flavours. There’s also an in-house cinema in the old stillroom and even a secret library. After a day of sightseeing, plonk in a booth at the seventeenth-century restaurant, then retreat to the Gas Bar – which still glows with traditional Victorian gaslight – for a dram and Irish tunes.
- Settling in at the in-house cinema in the old stillroom
- Finding the secret library
- Sitting down for some hearty trad Irish nosh at the 17th Century restaurant
- Doing a merry jig at the Gas Bar to traditional Irish tunes
- Just and hop, skip and jump from Northern Ireland’s most iconic sites – including the world’s oldest distillery
- There’s not much to not like here really…history, luxury, food, music, drink
- Free wi-fi
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Music system
- Free breakfast
- Flatscreen TV
Rooms from around US$150 a night.