Slumber in a forest bubble domeEnniskillen, Northern Ireland
If spending a night under the stars excites you, but pitching canvas does not, experience Northern Ireland’s lush landscape from a Bubble Dome. The sphere’s transparent walls and ceiling offer 180-degree views of the surrounding forest, making you feel like you’re in your own world.
As darkness falls, sink into your four-poster bed or kick back in a lounge chair by the fireplace and, if the weather gods are on your side, turn your eyes skyward to marvel at the Milky Way. For the ultimate stargazing experience, enjoy a glass of bubbly while soaking in a luxe stone bathtub in the Premium Bubble Dome.
- Experiencing Northern Ireland’s wild green landscape from a whole new perspective
- When bad weather strikes, you can still enjoy your natural surroundings without skimping on creature comforts
- Sinking into soft sheets with a steaming cup and falling asleep under the stars is pretty magical!
- While you can’t be seen by other guests from the outside, the transparent walls might make you feel a little exposed
- You’re not connected to the main house like you would be in a regular hotel, so you’ll be walking to breakfast on those frosty mornings (thankfully there’s coffee in the dome to perk you up!)
It’s a little over an hour’s drive from the city of Derry to Finn Lough or, if you’re coming from Belfast and keen for a longer, scenic drive, it’s about two hours.
- Four-poster bed
- Ensuite bathroom
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Hair dryer
- Stone bath tub (Premium Bubble Dome)
Bubble Domes start from about US$257 a night. For the Premium Bubble Dome experience, a night will cost about US$500. Both include breakfast.