Hotel AmericanoNew York City, USA
With its blend of Manhattan modernism and Japanese ryokan-style rooms, curated by an award-winning Mexican architect in a former multi-storey car park, Hotel Americano is a microcosm of New York’s vast diversity. Situated next to the showstopping High Line and Chelsea’s gallery district, there’s plenty to keep you in the ’hood, though the guest bicycles can carry you far beyond the borough’s borders.
Come summer, dip your toes into the rooftop pool, and by winter admire the city’s frosted streets from the very same spot transformed into a concept restaurant. Rooms feature internationally crafted delights, including Japanese washcloths, handmade Mexican bathrobes and alpaca throw rugs. Take your frappuccino to go from the lobby coffee shop and you’ll feel like a local in a New York minute.
- Being in the thick of Chelsea’s best attractions
- You are right next door to “Sleep No More” and amazing experience
- Admiring the New York skyline while dining on the rooftop
- Literally a few steps to the Chelsea Highline
- The worst part will be saying goodbye
- The pool is more a plunge pool… but hey, this is Manhattan!
- Egyptian cotton sheets (400 thread)
- Handmade bathrobes
- Le Labo bath products
- Alpaca throw blankets
- LED HD TV
- Free wi-fi
- Room service (7am–11pm)
Doubles start from US$175.