Homestay hangout in a Cambodian villageChambok, Cambodia
Head into rural Cambodia for an overnight stay with a local family in Chambok. It's a great opportunity to participate in local life. This part of Cambodia is known for its natural beauty – mountains with waterfalls, swimming holes and bat caves tucked amongst them. Explore the area around the village before enjoying a traditional Khmer dinner with your hosts as well as a traditional dance performance.
- Staying with a local family in their home and learning about their daily lives
- Exploring the beautiful waterfalls and swimming holes nearby
- The delicious Khmer dinner and traditional dancing
- Forget the outside world, there’s no wi-fi here
- Bathroom facilities are very basic – squat toilets and cold water in a bucket for bathing
- Not many, but that’s the point!
- Mattresses, bedding and mosquito nets are provided
This homestay is part of Intrepid Travel’s Cambodia Discovery tour, which starts from US$780 per person.
Facilities are basic and multi-share. No air conditioning, but fans are provided.