Foodie Tour in BeijingBeijing, China
Food: it’s an important part of China’s culture. In Beijing, there is an array of flavours waiting to be discovered, so it would be shame to find yourself dining at a touristy run-of-the-mill restaurant. Instead, pile into your guided Lost Plate tuk-tuk, stocked with an endless supply of beer and soft drink for the night, and careen through the city’s busy streets and down hutongs (alleyways), all home to the kind of blink-and-you’ll-miss-it, family-run restaurants where locals meet for a hearty meal.
Sample barbecued meat and veg, discover the traditional cooking techniques behind Beijing’s famed pancakes and have a swig of baiju, a popular and potent grain-based spirit. Cap off the evening with a pint of craft beer at a secret microbrewery.
- A gastronomic experience of Chinese cuisine like no other
- Unlimited food, beer and drinks with a local’s knowledge
- Being chauffeured by tuk-tuk
- If you are watching your weight, you might want to steer away from this food tour
- The flavours and spices if you’ve got a meat-and-two-veg palate
The Lost Plate Beijing Evening Hutong Food Tour costs US$79 a person.
The 3.5-hour Beijing Hutong tour departs each evening at 6.30pm.