Indulge ocean fantasies at Anantara Dhigu MaldivesSouth Malé Atoll, Maldives
Make your dream Insta feed a reality with a stay at Anantara Dhigu Resort on the South Malé Atoll. This mind-blowingly beautiful spot boasts all the classic Maldivian elements that have made the island paradise so famous. We’re talking overwater bungalows, crystal clear waters, bikes to go cruising and enormous standalone tubs with ocean views.
There are also multiple dining options (Terrazzo, which serves ridiculously good Italian, is a standout), a spa centre and enough cool activities – swimming with sharks, anyone? – to lure you from your poolside sunbed for a couple of hours. The hardest part? Leaving.
- Everyone thinks the Maldives are for honeymooners, but there’s plenty of action at Dhigu
- A range of waves for all levels of surfers can be accessed by boat
- The resort has a pod of spinner dolphins living in its waters
- Divers and snorkellers will love the opportunity to swim with manta rays and whale sharks
- Look, it’s true that you might never want to leave, but if you keep eating out and booking all the activities you’ll run up a bill so big you’ll have to
- Terrace with daybed, dining area and sun loungers
- Complimentary high-speed internet
- Private wine selection and mini bar
- Espresso machine
- Flatscreen TV
- Yoga mats and beach essentials
- Complimentary breakfast
From about US$420 a night for a Sunrise Beach Villa. Overwater suites start at about US$600.