Intimate theatre in New York CityNew York, USA
The New York Theatre Workshop is an intimate performing arts theatre noted for its quality production of new works by several now well-known playwrights and located on funky East 4th Street.
Jonathan Larson’s Rent was developed and first performed here. It’s part of Downtown’s Theater Row and offers neighbourhood and cultural events throughout the year. The theatre is an excellent opportunity to see raw talent at its best or you may even be lucky enough to see a real celebrity honing their craft. James Bond’s Daniel Craig appeared in Othello at the NYTW to rave reviews.
NYTW also has an impressive selection of masterclasses, workshops, artist residencies and fellowships. You could do a lot worse than attending an artists' summer residency in NYC.
Located on the hip Lower East Side that's bustling with bars and restaurants it would make perfect sense to have a bite before a show or finish with a nightcap.
- The opportunity to see raw artistic talent in a cosy environment in hip NYC
- Quality theatre that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to attend
- Signing up for a workshop or masterclass
- Experiencing well known actors performing daring, innovative and risky works in an intimate environment
- Even if you are a fan of mainstream theatre you’ll enjoy the quality of theatre at NYTW