Italian Art MasterclassRome, Italy
Give Michelangelo a run for his money by refining your artistic expertise in the Eternal City. Your journey begins with an introduction to Rome, exploring its numerous piazzas, ruins and cobbled streets. Later you’ll delve into a relief sculpture workshop, using an arsenal of glass and acrylics to create your first masterpiece (definitely too precious to bring home in checked baggage). Private tours of the Vatican Museums and Galleria Borghese will take you into Italy’s rich past to gape at some of the world’s best Renaissance artworks.
Once you’ve fuelled up with inspiration, dive into learning fresco-painting techniques and the delicate art of mosaic. Plenty of free time is provided between classes, so when you’re not nurturing your inner artist, you can hunt down the finest supplì (the local take on arancini) and red wine Rome has to offer – after all, sustenance begets art, right?
Unleash you inner artist.
- Because everyone needs to know their Rembrandt form their Renoir
- Seeing the work of these Italian masters up close and learning their techniques
- Touring the magnificent Vatican museum, Sistine Chapel and Borghese Gallery
- The unique opportunity to sharpen your art skills and create your own masterpiece at the relief-painting workshop
- No artistic talent they say? Here’s the perfect opportunity to prove them wrong
Go with Ormina Tours from US$1300.
This six-day Italian Art Masterclass tour departs on request.