Litia SiniLalomanu Beach, Samoa
In 1993, Taula and Litia Sini closed their small shop on Upolu Island and restored this once-dilapidated area into a beautiful resort. There are 16 modern yet traditional-looking Samoan beachfront falés to choose from – all with superb ocean views.
This resort is part of the Sini’s vision to welcome overseas visitors to their home, and provide a sustainable living to their children, family and village. While you’re there, take a day trip to the local village of Lalomanu, where you can have a crack at weaving with coconut fronds and help prepare an umu, the traditional Samoan feast cooked in the ground.
- Sitting on the beach, wine in hand, watching the sunset
- The beautiful, non-intrusive, welcoming hosts
- Getting an insight to traditional community life in Samoa
- While the water is filled with fish, some of the coral has been affected by the tsunami in 2015
- Cold showers – eek!
- No air-con
Litia Sini is about a two-hour drive from Faleolo International Airport. The resort can organise transfers.
- Free parking
- Shuttle bus service
- Shared bathroom facilities
- Bar and lounge
- Free breakfast
- Paid wi-fi
Beachfront double bungalows from about US$125, including breakfast and dinner. There’s a three-night minimum stay.