Masseria Moroseta's modernist vibePuglia, Italy
With its whitewashed walls set behind a grove of ancient olive trees, this rustic guesthouse is the ideal antidote to twenty-first century hustle. Drawing inspiration from traditional masserie (farmhouses), it features a well and an organic farm, but the lifestyle here is anything but hard yakka. Six suites are furnished with king-size beds placed on stone floors, and vaulted ceilings and thick walls keep the space naturally cool.
It’s hard to resist the Adriatic glimmering on the horizon and the ivory old town of Ostuni cascading down a hill just three kilometres away. But when the sun beating down on Puglia’s countryside gets a bit much, there’s shade from orange trees in the garden and the cool embrace of the pool.
- The stunning views of the Adriatic sea
- Surrounded by olives trees and meadows… ideal for an afternoon stroll
- The purist architecture, and contemporary-vintage décor – a designer’s delight and contemporary take on the traditional Puglian farmhouse, or ‘masseria’
- The rooms with your own adjoining garden
- The property’s pool, sauna and steam room
- Only Children over 14 are welcome – the vibe is better suited to couples or groups of friends
- Air con
- Wi-fi (high speed)
- Free breakfast
- Fitness centre with gym
- Free parking
Double rooms from about US$160 a night.