Mediterranean Island Flab FightMallorca, Spain
The Spanish island of Mallorca derives its name from the Latin word maiorica, meaning the larger one. What better motivation is there for shedding those extra kilos at the Ashram?
The island may be famous as a destination for the rich and beautiful, but there's more to experience here than lazing by the sea.
Tackle nature’s very own stairmaster climbing 900-metre mountains each day and be rewarded with stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea, not to mention a bootilicious butt.
The week-long programs are aimed at fat-busting and muscle building and include daily 5.30am wake-up calls, kayaking, circuit training, pilates and yoga, topped off with a nutrient-rich vegetarian menu. Become ‘the smaller one’ you’ve always wanted to be.
- Extending yourself in a gorgeous island setting
- The fresh, organic vegetarian food
- Hiking through valleys and up the hills to some seriously great views
- The property set on a seventeenth-century olive farm
- You need to be in reasonably good shape already – those hikes are long
- There’s the chance, since you’re detoxing, of feeling less than average for a couple of days
The nearest international airport, Palma de Mallorca, is on the island. The Ashram is a 30-minute drive from there.
You’ll need at least two stopovers if you’re flying there from Australia. Try a combination of Singapore Airlines and Swiss.
Week-long stays at the Ashram Mallorca cost US$5200 per person in a shared room. The cost includes everything except transportation.