Michelberger HotelBerlin, Germany
Set in a former factory in the trendy Friedrichshain district, the Michelberger Hotel embodies Berlin’s eccentric personality. Quirky objects unearthed in the city decorate the interior, hand-built furniture features in suites and there are even graphic designers holed up in room 132 working their creative magic.
Voyeurs will love the Cosy rooms with showers overlooking the bed, but if the thought of bathing with your loved one looking on sets your skin crawling, opt for a Loft instead. Feed your inner nerd within the book-lined walls of the The Clever One pad or chill in the hotel’s library. There’s free wi-fi, a DJ in the courtyard and live music at the bar.
- The quirky and eccentric atmosphere, that balances party with relaxation
- Listening to live music at your hotel
- Gorging on delicious organic meals made with local ingredients from the in-house restaurant
- The voyeuristic window shower
- Voices drifting up from the courtyard at odd hours
- Breakfast isn’t included
From Berlin Hauptbahnhof (Berlin Main Station) take the S-Bahn to Warschauer Straße (20-minute journey). Michelberger Hotel is directly across the street from the station.
- Single and/or king-size bed
- Michelberger TV
- Private bathroom
- Window shower
Rooms start at US$95.