Mr Fogg’s TavernLondon, England
Forget dinner and a show, where’s the gin? Imbibe libations at this raucous West End tavern, an homage to Jules Verne’s fictional adventurer, Phileas Fogg, then toddle upstairs to the plush parlour of the explorer’s beloved aunt, acclaimed actress Gertrude Fogg.
Choose your poison from a selection of more than 300 types of the world’s most interesting gin, peruse curiosities from Gertrude’s days on stage and take in views of London’s Noël Coward Theatre. Indulge in a gin tasting or sashay into the salon and settle on a chaise longue to nibble treats fit for famed thespians, such as sloe gin cured salmon followed by gin and tonic marshmallows. After a couple of strong drinks you may feel the urge to crack open the cabinet of wigs and scripts for a debut under an ornate chandelier.
- Gin lovers and those who dabble in this strong tipple will have a rollicking time choosing from the enormous list of libations on offer
- There’s no better way to quaff your drinks than from pewter cups and traditional tankards
- Boogie down to live music on Thursday nights
- This is a West End bar, so if you were hoping for a place with a more cosmopolitan streak, you’ll have to go elsewhere
- You can’t make reservations for the evening, so you’ll simply have to try your luck finding a spot to settle into on Friday and Saturday nights
Gin cocktails start from around US$8.